Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This may shock you.

I don't normally get political.
The way I see it, your beliefs are your own. You have every right to share your ideas and opinions but don't try and convince me that your way is the only way. I will be respectful and honor the right that you have to your opinions. I remember the election between George W. Bush and John Kerry. I was at school in California at the time and I had everyone come up to me and ask who I voted for. I said as politely as I could "That is none of your business." Many immediately railed at me, that I had voted for Bush and how could I do such a thing. I was again polite "If I did vote for Bush or Kerry, it is my right. I voted today for the man that I felt would be the lesser of two evils. I don't care for either of them but I have only two choices and I made a choice that I can live with. I'm glad you did too." I then walked away.
Again this past election between Obama and McCain I made the choice I felt was the lesser of two evils. I feel that every politician is not serving the American People. They are out for themselves and are only interested in what they can do for them.
What I disagree with the most is the way that everyone rallied behind Bush after he won his second term and many people were upset. The media came out and said "Oh come on now. He's the President. Let's be supportive and just accept this." And America did.
But now. All I hear on the news is how Obama is destroying America and down with him and his ideas and policy's!
Could you listen to yourself? Let's grow up Fox News. Why don't you show an objective view point? If all you listen to is Glenn Beck and Bill O'Rielly of course your going to be scared! We're all going to die because Obama wants everyone to have Health Care and if you don't want Health Care too bad, cause he wants to kill you!
I was a Ron Paul supporter. I still am. I love that SOMEONE in politics today actually remembers what this country was based on. And I love that he wants us to go back to that. I may not agree with everything but someone who is objective and does not adhere to Conservative or Liberal is my kind of person!
Fox News mocked that he won a Straw Pull. Meanwhile you know that if McCain, or Palin had won the Straw Pull Fox News would have said "There is the Presidential Candidate for the next election!"
This is why I watch the Daily Show with Jon Stewart! He's doing his research on both sides of every issue and finding the humor in it instead of fear and propaganda. He mocks and encourages both sides as well! Yes he has his opinions but he does try to show the issue and what the parties are doing in regards to every issue.
Which is nothing. They are too busy fighting each other to actually do anything for the voters that put them in the positions they are in today.
I guess it's the fact I'm about to be a mother. I'm about to have a child and I have no job, no education, and am in debt up to my eyeballs because I was stupid in my divorce.
I've been working very hard since I was 16 years old. I have paid my taxes and I vote.
My government is not doing anything to help me. My government does not work for me. Because I am not a middle aged white man who was born into money. I am a "single" white woman about to have a child. Conservatives would have my head because I am not married as they believe that I should be. Liberals would have my head because I plan on getting married! (These are absolute extremes in case you needed clarification)
Where is the government that is suppose to help those that need some help? I could use a fresh start! I could use having the slate wiped clean for me. I'm 26 years old and if I'm lucky by the time I'm 40 I'll have paid off my debt. I was fired because I was pregnant. But I cannot prove that because the state that I live in is a Right To Work State. Which means if my employer does not like my hair color I can be fired.
I'm not even sure where I've ended up in this rant. I guess it's just a woman about to become a mother wondering what kind of world I am bringing this child into. And how I can protect him from so many liars and horrible people who will try and convince him to think a certain way out of fear.
And the saddest thing is that we all still listen. We will encourage people to continue spouting their Opinions without caring if what they say has any truth in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment