Friday, November 20, 2009

Hanging with the girls!

So, after my show I drove to Mesa to see the new Twilight movie "New Moon". Now, I don't really care for the movie, I'm not on any of the teams and I don't count the days till the next one. I have read the books and found them to be well written and entertaining and I can admire that the author tried something new and different with the Vampire lore. However when we can get back to Lost Boys and Interview with the Vampire type monsters again that will be nice!
Enough of Vampires being creatures that we can all fall in love with! True Blood and Twilight. They are monsters. A classic monster that has a seduction to it because that is how it lures it's prey!
Anyway. I went because this was my mom's birthday present. Hanging with her girls! And I had a great time! The two hours before the movie were spent talking and planning and laughing a ton! Also some crying when my mom and sister felt my belly and Aidan moving around. Faith and I have had our sister in laws pregnant a few times and have beautiful nieces and nephews running around, but we didn't grow up with them and we were old enough to know you don't just touch a pregnant woman's belly. That's rude. So our opportunities to feel fetal movement have been very few. I think the last time I did was when my sister was in my mom and I was kicked in the back onto the floor.
Sharing this amazing wonder of being pregnant has been wonderful to share with my mom. She is such a loving woman and so fun to be around and I don't know of a better Grandma out there. She would have everyday be Grandma day if she could. And last night having my sister share too was great! She looks forward to being a mom so much and just from that you know she's going to be a great mom.
So yes, even though the evening was filled with shrieks and sighs as two boys came on screen I did get to actually see most of the movie and it wasn't that bad. And I got to hang out with two of the coolest girls I know! And you can't ask for more than that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your so sweet Net Net! So maybe next time we'll just go the day it comes out not at midnight. You'll have a baby by then!;-) CRAZY

    ReplyDelete