Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Proposal

Ok people. I know you all want to know so here it is!

How the love of my life asked me to Marry him.

We drove five hours to get out of the heat and desert to spend three days in Greer AZ in the White Mountains. The drive up was wonderful, we watched the temperature gauge drop the further we went and went from cactus, to low bushes to pine trees. One of the many things I love about Arizona is you have your pick of scenery and climate.
We arrived at our cabin and the spa was broken. We had paid extra for a spa! So we were moved, and what a blessing that was!
Our new cabin overlooked a huge meadow with trees all around and in the background a huge hill. And then horses came down to feed! It was amazing!
That night we get settled in have dinner and watch as stars start popping out.
The next thing I know I've just changed the baby when James comes in and asks me to give him Aidan, I tease about him planning to put the baby in the spa and we go outside.
A full moon is rising over the trees. I am almost speechless when I turn around to mention how beautiful the site is when I see James holding our baby who is gumming a small black box.
Now those of you who know me, know that sometimes it takes me a moment to realize exactly what is going on. And this was of course one of those moments. So I stare like an idiot at the box and then squeal like a 12 year old girl over the Backstreet Boys.
James hands me the box and while still holding our baby he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. I immediately say "Or course I will" and we hug and cry! He then opens the box laughing at me that I haven't opened it and puts the ring on my finger. (The photo is a reenactment)
It was his Grandmother's ring that his Mom gave to him to give to me.
The moment couldn't have been more perfect! I had the men of my life asking me to marry them!
And I feel so lucky! I've known for a long time that I was going to marry him and I've had no doubts that we are going to be together for the rest of our lives and longer. But it was nice to have it all "official official"
And it makes the folks happy.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations! :) What a sweet story, and your little boy is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! That is so exciting!!! You deserve the best!!!! Let me know when the big day is, and I might convince Kent I need to go to AZ!!!!

    ReplyDelete